I believe that one of God's greatest blessings to a couple is children. I believe that God has uniquely designed a woman's body to carry, nourish and give birth to her babies. I see pregnancy and birth as normal physiological processes.
- I am available to my clients 24 hours a day from the time of registration through 6 weeks postpartum.
- An hour is allotted for each prenatal appointment to allow time to get to know you, answer your questions, and have meaningful discussions to explore your options in prenatal care, testing and procedures so you can make informed choices for your pregnancy and birth. My goal is to nurture a trusting, caring relationship that will go a long way to assisting you to labor and give birth naturally, safely and confidently.
- In home checkups monthly until 28 weeks, checkups twice monthly until 37 weeks and weekly checkups from 37 weeks until birth. This schedule may be adjusted based on individual client needs, at no additional charge.
- Each prenatal appointment includes evaluation of maternal vital signs, weight gain, fundal height, and nutrition.
- Evaluation of fetal growth, activity and position.
- All routine lab work is included, including newborn blood typing when client is Rh-.
- Referrals for ultrasounds when desired or clinically indicated.
- Filling out of needed forms, as required by employer
Labor and Birth:
- I am available from onset of labor. I will come to your home as soon as you are ready for me.
- I encourage freedom of movement and freedom to eat and drink during labor.
- Waterbirth and birth pool rental. I have both Labassine and Birth Pool In A Box.
- My assistant and I will peacefully monitor fetal well-being, maternal health and labor progress.
- Labor support techniques, including natural pain relief and pain management
- Facilitate bonding by encouraging immediate skin to skin, breastfeeding and peaceful postpartum
- Thorough newborn exam for baby
- Vitamin K and eye ointment with parents' informed choice
- I will stay with you until two hours after both mom and baby are stable.
- When I leave, mom and baby will be tucked into bed, the mess cleaned up and laundry started.
- If transport to the hospital becomes necessary, I will accompany the client, providing records, labor support and will facilitate as smooth a transition as possible
- Appointments at 24-48 hours after birth, 3-7 days, 2 weeks and 6 weeks. Additional visits if needed.
- Perform the Newborn Screening, Critical Congenital Heart Disease (CCHD) screening and Newborn Hearing Screening
- Breastfeeding support
- Monitor baby's growth and maternal recovery
- File Tennessee birth certificate and requesting social security number at the same time.
- Referrals for other providers such as pediatricians
* For Alabama families: I am happy to meet you at an agreed upon location in Tennessee for the birth.
Cost of Services
The global fee is $3,500, payable over the course of your pregnancy by an individualized and flexible payment plan. A non-refundable deposit of $200.00 is due at the initial visit. The balance can be payed in flexible payments with 50% due by 37 weeks. The remaining balance is due at the final postpartum visit, scheduled about 6 weeks postpartum. Payments are to be made to Rebekah Myrick. There will be an additional $200 fee for using PayPay. I believe that everyone should have access to midwifery services and I will be as flexible as possible and consider extended payment plans.
The fee includes:
- Complete prenatal, birth & postpartum care (listed above)
- 24/7 access to your midwife via text, phone, email throughout pregnancy, birth & postpartum
- Fee for midwife’s assistant (not required to hire anyone else to attend your birth)
- Birth Certificate & Social Security application submission
Additional fees may include:
- Homebirth kit (required) $35 minium
- Water birth supplies and homebirth kit approx. $120
- Birth Pool rental $30 (I have both Birth Pool in a Box and Labassine pools)
- Ultrasound (if desired or necessary)
- Rhogam for Rh- mothers approx. $180
- Travel fee - If you live more than 80 miles from me there is an additional $300 charge
- Service fees - If using PayPal $200